Jimbobs Lexus IS200 Turbo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling me doh!!!!

waiting on propshaft still!!! Doing last few wiring jobs now so hopefully that's it. Though looking into the traction control wiring for the Ecu so I can have that enabled also.

Really need to make the most out of this Ecu and dash used hardly any of the features last time.
    OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• Good news mate, get some pictures of the progress

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbob-T-Lex View Post
        Telling me doh!!!!

waiting on propshaft still!!! Doing last few wiring jobs now so hopefully that's it. Though looking into the traction control wiring for the Ecu so I can have that enabled also.

Really need to make the most out of this Ecu and dash used hardly any of the features last time.
        You might find an issue with the traction control. The Ecu can only take a signal to 500hz. With the Lexus hubs having 48 teeth that means it overloads at some silly low speed.
        you either need to change the hubs to have only around 4 teeth or fit frequency dividers. I've got the same issue. I'm going to buy 4 of these to do it.
        https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/hall-p-...d&currency=USD
        OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• You want traction control??? you mad?

Comment

• Typical gone to fill gearbox and fill plug is 15/16 and you will never guess!! I can't find mine so amazon prime here tomorrow lol
            OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• Doh! It's such an odd size isn't it. I have a special spanner for it after rounding a few off
              OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• Well had a problem yesterday car is out in the open but my aluminium brazing on the shifter extension failed! Best to go now though! I have one on route now so should be done this week then to get mapping and Mot done!

The problem i have at the moment is getting mapping done as they all seem so busy and can't get mot done first as my emissions are going to be all over the place! I lost my friendly Mot man so bit of a dilemma especially as I have not Cat lol

really could do with a dodgy Mot so I can get a decent base map done my self then get to a mappers asap then I'm game on for the rest of the show season

Last edited by Lexuspat; 24-06-2017, 02:07 PM.
                OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• Good,luck mate!
                  OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• Wow this has not been updated in a while shame on me!! Leading by example and all OOPs
                    OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• right well i got my shifter extension from Xcessive manufacturing in America and have to say top quality service was here in a week. So fitted that and got gearbox all mounted back up. The missus managed to book the car in for a proper MOT as i found the issue with it not running correctly!! Didn't have the built in map sensor on my ECU setup correctly! hahahaha

Fitted the new Nankang NS2R's to the rear as mine were bald as you know what hahahaha

Car flew through MOT with no issues so all good and a very happy chappy.

Last edited by Jimbob-T-Lex; 07-08-2017, 06:00 PM.
                      OutlawJapClub Admin Team

Comment

• I can't look at this thread anymore Jim, I'm sorry, but it's causing issues in the household. I reckon spending thousands on 1J'ing mine is a great idea, the missus reckons getting married is the better idea...

Comment

• Jim, I just read through the entire 91 pages of your project. What an inspiration and a journey man!! I'm currently amassing the parts for my own 1G-GTE / GFE hybrid for my is200... now though you have got me thinking again.... ****** 1jz just makes so much sense!!

Well done on the car...my missus may kick me out shortly...

Comment

Working...
                          X